R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Race Body Preferences
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 09:09 PM
rtypec
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by The Black Kat
If the M6 produces too much downforce then the Stratus produces lift (reverse downforce)

I'd STRONGLY advise anyone AGAINST getting the Stratus 2.0...If you have to join the bandwagon atleast get a older version of the Stratus (ie. Protoform Stratus 1.0, Andys Stratus) Now the older versions acutually have some downforce & good handling. Status 2.0 just feels like the car is going to fly off the ground every time you hit the throttle

I'm going to try out the MG soon. My limited $/dad limits me from trying more than one body in the duration of six months
Please try not to misinform others without giving these bodies a fair shake. The Stratus 2.0 is a VERY good baseline body to go with. It is stable and has neutral handling for medium to large flowing tracks, there's a small hint of it not finishing turns very well but overall it is the "safe" bet. The M6 is aggressive but planted, very smooth throughout but just not as aggressive as the Losi Alfa. Of course, you can trim the M6 wing down but then it loses stability just about everywhere. I would suggest that you try out the top sedan bodies out there and learn what they do to your chassis as far as how they behave and pick the one that you feel most comfortable with at your track.