R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Buggy recommendations
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 09:08 AM
shanty140
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Resqnu
Thanks to all for your input. I am currently looking at a few used: Mugen, Losi, D8, and RC8b. I'm just wanting to spend my $ wisely. I would like to be in a used buggy for $400-$500 that is ready for the track. I guess that is why the RTR kits look good, but don't want to have to start replacing low end parts that will not stand up to weekly racing. Sounds like most are recommending a used buggy, then purchase the needed parts (motor, servos and pipe).

Currently, Out of 10 vehicle mains, I place 7th-10th in a main, to 1st-3rd in B main with my SCT. With my B44 I place middle to end, as the B44 guys are very good (few pro drivers). I race in Greensboro and I have only been racing for 2-3 months. But I love it.
The Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR is awesome right out of the box. It may need new servo's as pretty soon. But after that it's very fast. The motor is pretty solid for a RTR and if you put a turbo head button it turns that motor around and is very good. For the price and what you get you cant find a better option considering it comes with a good remote and solid starter box.