R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - wilmington ohio I-71 exit 45 offroad track
Old 01-12-2011, 06:18 PM
SMZR2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Spec

I think limiting to stock SCT tires that come out of the kit is the wrong thing to do. I have 4 pairs of tires and I have it narrowed down to 2 that I mainly run in the rear and Enduro's in the front.

I would keep a spec/novice class setup to where those guys purchasing/new to the hobby can show up with the RTR kits and have fun. Then as they get better they can upgrade just like the rest of us have.

Novice is the key to keeping the hobby alive and helping those guys new to the hobby have fun is where you build the racing from the ground up.

From my past experience the fast guys can run off the new guys because they are intimidated, but that just fuels some people to get better. I will help anyone at anytime to get them to enjoy the hobby and come race again.
You learn much from those around you and that is my 2 cents.

That is one thing CCRCR has the feeling of fun racing and guys who don't take it so seriously but yet still have the competitive competition.

SCT 4x4 open (this class will grow once AE releases the SC10 verision)
SCT openSCT 13.5 /Sportsman/stock
(the reason being I have seen 17.5 in the SCT make it very difficult to clear some of the larger obsticales on the track) Remember SCT are 74oz and I believe 1/10th truck is 60oz that's almost a pound difference!
1/10th stadium 13.5 (What does a RTR kit come with Brushed or Brushless?)
Novice/SCT RTR kits
2wd open
2wd stock
4wd open

and what every you Ying Yang racer agree upon! LOLOLOL