R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Chaz955i
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
We ran a 17.5 Blinky no timing class at are dirt oval race this year (460 plus entries) and had no problems teching this class and no problems with cheating what so ever. It was very easy to police. Both the Tekin and Castle speedos where used and checking for the ROAR blinky no timing was a breeze for me and the other tech. Don't get much easier. Very simple.

At the end of the day no matter what rules you make and no matter how much you try to control classes the end result is the fast guys with boost will be the fast guys without because they drive and setup their stuff better than others and that will first and foremost win races. The best drivers and setups will always prevail.
Absolutely, and I'll add that if the arguement is that new drivers don't want to deal with programming a speedo etc why couldn't the programmable speed controls sold in the US come loaded with a stock no-timing profile so it can be bolted right in and run without the need of a computer. Then, if or when the person decides to move up they don't have to buy a new speed controller. Admittedly I've only raced one big race since the zero timing profiles have been out and didn't hear any complaints from the drivers or the people doing tech. What I did hear was largely positive. Having a easiliy verifiable 0 timing mode IMO was a great step forward but the new structure feels like a couple steps back. Instead of killing on-road with a bullet to the head we can instead kill it with a thousand cuts.