R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How long brushed motors will survive?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 11:36 PM
rc10t3b4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AudioStylz
Who knows, my Traxxas Slash is getting a 12t brushed motor. Now it's no p2k pro or Epic Pro 27t but this is the motor used for Slash Stock Spec classes, especially at the Short Course Showdown that is going to be held sometime in April or May. For club racing I plan on running my current Epic 19t and Epic Pro 27t in the slash which should be fun! If that Epic Pro could spin all 4 tires in a touring car on properly broke in cs27 take off rubber slicks with burned in traction compund??? This Slash is going to be something insane!!
Oh not doubt about it brush motors are very powerful. My p2k will pull from 10.5t brushless on the straight in my t4 and have some much control in the corners. Maybe I am looking at it differently. If you look at overall cost a brushless setup is cheaper then a brush. No lathes, brushes, zapping and armature replacements needed. The amount of money you save on equipment easily pays for a top of the line brushless setup. Sure you can buy all that dirt cheap eBay but it still adds up. I don't have to worry...I have a crapload of brushes and motors LOL. But the power of a brushless is so addicting. But I never ran a mod brush motor before so it might be fun. Going to try a epic shock 12x2 LOL.