R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 05:39 PM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
134 posts and still no response from The People @ ROAR, makes one wonder?

Tekin, I personally would like to thank you for your contributions to the Hobby we all love and sometimes hate.
Originally Posted by Buckaroo
No offense, but not that they'll care. At least in my experience through the 90s and into the 2000s, ROAR leadership never gave a damn about the unwashed masses who weren't dues-paid-up-card-carrying-members, and often made no bones about it. Part of what has me on the fence now.

ROAR does not run tracks that are not affiliated with it, and many who are run what brings in customers and pays bills......ROAR rules be damned unless it's a sanctioned event.

They do, however, influence rules at the local level through industry influence on product development. That fact alone gives them more overall power than membership alone would have one believe.

Ultimately, it's those masses of non-member racers/hobbiests who get the final vote on ROAR and their policies with their wallets. If membership goes up, they got it right. If it goes down, or remains unchanged, they got it wrong.

Hairy, with all of the issues you have had with Tekin products......that's a heck of a thing for you to say. My hat is off to you!

Actually two ROAR EXCOM members have been posting here....My self (Electric Section Chairman) and Andrew M (Competition Director). We have been quiet but I have read every post on here today and commented on some stuff. We are just two members of the EXCOM though and not the majority and cant speak for the majority other than whats been posted. We each all have our own thoughts and issues toward it as well.

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 01-11-2011 at 05:55 PM.