R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - powerlab 8?
Thread: powerlab 8?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Lason
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
It really depends on your needs. I've searched for a LONG time on the exact charger I needed. The DUO line is amazing. No arguing that. Fantastic chargers, ok price, and TONS of power. But they just charge.....

The Powerlab 8 is called a "workstation" because you can do all kinds of things with it. You can measure internal resistance of EACH cell (not just the pack itself which would interfere since plugs add IR) has graphing capability and an awesome but probably unnecessary feature for most (including me) is regenerative discharge for those flying or driving away from a powersource or using a car battery to power the charger.

The powerlab 8 is IMO a much better charger but I bought it specifically for the ability to measure IR and the graphing abilities. The Icharger series does much of the same things starting barely above $100 for the 106 model up to the same price as the DUO for the 3010 at 1000 watts.

If you don't care/need all the fancy computer stuff then I'd go with the DUO. You'll be very happy with it.

Thanks for the info, I was also interested in the IR checking feature.