R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
2wdrive
Tech Master

Roy +1
We all know what some of the driving forces are for these rules and that is also to make money, moneys makes people to make some bizarre error in judgements (hello any bankers here ?!)...hence banning certain esc brand and types so people are forced to buy low budget esc from certain brands that only can be used in certain classes. Move a class up...ok buy yet another esc!! Very cost effective and cheap indeed.

Price difference as an example?
Cirtix stock= $50
Hobbywing xerun 60A updatabeble esc which last at least 4 years and can be used in almost every class = $75
Tekin rs= $175 with great support and updatable and can run till 5.5t so very versitile in almost all classes and last at least 4 years.

WOW difference of $25 or maybe $100 more that can be written of in 4 years man that is at least $12 to $25 per year!!! But hey to buy another chassis of $600 every year is OK!!

Man i wish i came up with that marketing plan. Yeah really very expensive these updatable esc.

And you know wich brand are the most pushing non updatable esc and saying it is so difficult and saying many esc went into smoke because technology can't cope with it or some other bs. They are the same brands who's esc turned sour on them and can't keep up!

Come on, who are they kidding? RC cost money but don't say that $25 or even $100 that can be written off in 4 years has made it more expensive. Who are they kidding. The updatable esc has made it cheaper to race in the long term so don't force some bad attempt on short term cost control!

I admit, to program an esc is 1 to 2 days of testing to find out what it does but that is now part of the hobby.

No one is crying about the fact that they had to learn to operate Microsoft Windows version v.xxxx every 2 years or so or any other programm for that matter.

To push some virtual levers and see what it does is not rocket science, although some would want people to believe it is.

Yo...Don't believe the hype!

Last edited by 2wdrive; 01-11-2011 at 01:58 PM.