R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Newbie's first car
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:55 AM
omegaf
Tech Adept

Default Newbie's first car

Hi everyone. I have always wanted to build my own rc car but never had the time or money to dedicate on the hobby. So now I got some cash and I got some spare time and i want to build my first rc car.
I don't plan to become a competitive racer, I only want to have fun building it and occasionally run it with friends.
So to cut the long story short, I know pretty much nothing about rc cars and I don't even own the necessary tools for the job. The only experience I have is from a little mechanical engineering background and from an rc car i helped a friend build when i was young (like 15 years ago).
I have been flirting with the velox v10 for a very long time, I think it looks h0t

Could you guys help me get started? Give me a list of things I need to buy and where to buy it from. I am in the UK (London) and I would prefer to buy things online locally.

The other thing I need is a bodyshell that is prepainted and predrilled and ready to install. I got no facility to do my own painting or drilling or any sort of heavy work. All i got is a workbench in my room (living in a flat).