R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Kinetic
Thread: Novak Kinetic
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:24 AM
GLOWHEAD
Tech Apprentice

Default Directed To Novak

Way to go Novak, you have got to be kidding me. I just bought a 32 bit netbook just to run this software, and two days later you come out with an update for 64 bit, after unequivocally stating that it won't run on 64? My 64 bit Vista laptop is over two years old. You know how many 64 bit machines are out there? Way to stay on the leading edge of the technology curve!

For the first time in the past nine days, since I have owned this speed control, I have 1.3 running without problems, sort of. HOO RAY! There are a list of do's and don'ts in operating the software though. I'm not updating to 1.4 till I see that it's running cleanly.

Took four days for Novak to return my tech call, and I wasn't home. Sent them an email describing my issues, and it's been three days and still no response. Not what I would describe as stellar customer support. This forum seems to be a better place to get their attention. Updates are supposed to be improvements, not a series of patches to fix what should have worked properly in the first place!

With this being my first foray into electric, I would qualify it as a less than rewarding experience. I pray for the father/son team, who's only experience with computers is to send email, to get this thing to work. Way to over complicate such a simple task. We should be encouraging involvement in the hobby, not putting up roadblocks. Get your game together!

Now that I have that off my chest, I really have no issue with the hardware, quality IS top notch. That is what sold me on Novak. The RS looked cheap. These software issues are quite amateurish though, and I'm sure this forum is nothing but bad press. Next time, finish the R&D before you release the product to market. Three updates in as many months? Come on!

I would make the same purchase again, I just wish the software had lived up to Novak's reputation. I'm sure these issues will be resolved, and I hope that 1.4 will be the last fix, at least for a while, 'cause I'd rather be racing.