R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC Car Action article-Wrong???
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 10:53 AM
BigDogRacing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good point Shane. The bounce might even explain some of that "double steer" that happens on carpet. Stiffer shock oil should solve that problem though.

Ray- in reference to your last question- Unless I'm way off base here, the answer is yes, you are correct but not exactly for the reason you stated. I honestly believe it's different on different cars. So for your car (Pro 4?) it may be correct, but for another car that may have different camber rise for the same RC it would be different.

Example- last weekend I raced at Fernando's high traction asphalt track on foam tires. The TC3s could change the cornering balance of their cars with a simple upper camber link adjustment, but my EVO3S didn't respond to camberlink changes because the rear of the car was so STUCK! I did a rough comparison of the weight f-2-r balance compared to a fast TC3, and did everything I could think of to move my traction balance towrd the front of the car but nothing worked. I could make it worse, but never better. So my camberlink adjustments didn't affect the car the way they did on the TC3s. In fact, raising the rear upper link gave me more traction in ther rear, and raising the front upper link gave me more traction int eh rear!!! DAMMIT I was so frustrated~!!!!!