R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is there any new motor designs for the new year??
Old 01-01-2011, 04:35 PM
mb4545
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (71%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
The question to ask would he why? What advantage would there be over what we are currently doing? Then i would ask if you have ever seen a reed engine that operated at 40k rpm lol? The answer to that will more than likely be no and of course there is a reason for that. Point that I'm trying to make is it is nice to say I want this or that but there is a reason that engine designs for cars are the way that they are.

Also ABN (aluminum, brass, nikasil) sleeves were done a long time ago. I know that at least back in 03 when we were the Picco importer Alberto made some and we tested them in on-road. Not sure if anyone else has done them but I'm guessing that the answer is probably yes.

Regarding 4 strokes OS makes one. They weigh a lot more than 2 strokes, they cost more, they do not turn as much rpm but they do have more torque and they are more fuel efficient. I raced a 4 stroke for about 2 years at our local on-road club in our Super 10 class back in 2000 & 2001 so this also is not exactly cutting edge.
Whys does it have to rev 40k? Gearing wouldn't work?

split case technology? Why not?

All i am really saying is I seen this technology in the mx scene...why wouldn't it work here

4 Stroke...will work...just needs to be developed more..from the ground up