R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HoBao Hyper 9E thread
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 07:15 AM
MindThoughts
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Happy New Year Everyone + Where To Buy Your Hyper 9E Parts.

I highly recommend NitroHouse. Great prices and great customer service. Plus- one of the designers of the Hyper 9E is often available to answer any setup questions you may have- Tim Bump. I purchased my first Hyper 9E from NitroHouse- and I buy most of my parts from NitroHouse as well.

PS. Happy New Year Everyone
This is a great thread- and the Hyper 9E is still my favorite 1/8th scale 100% purpose built for electric- buggy. And I'm very grateful that Ofna continues to offer upgrade and new option parts such as the new Universal Center- Solid Steal Drive Shaft- and the new 42Tooth Derlin Non-Metal Spur Gear as well.

And special thanks to DJ Ofna customer service tech for helping me with my first Hyper 9E with setup tips and advice when I first purchase the Hyper 9E when the buggy had just been released for puchase. I never thought I could be so happy with a 1/8th scale buggy- durability- extremely simplistic design- extremely efficient and centralized- center drive line- and very well balanced.

May we all have a great year of rc racing

Originally Posted by wjmiller3
I went to Mikes in Houston yesterday and ran about 6 packs of 4s through the 9E for the fist time. Wow! If I was buying lipos from start I prabably would go 3s, but since I already have two 4s lipos I think I will stick with that. It was getting to top speed on the straight with the 4s with the 14t just about the time I had to get on the brake. And there was nothing there yesterday that could pass me in the straight. Being my first outing with a 1/8 buggy I could not keep up very well with the seasoned guys after that, but it was fun! And I found out loctite is worth its weight in gold!

Neither of the hobby shops here on the north side of Houston carry Ofna parts, and Tower doesn't really either. So do you buy parts straight from Ofna or is there a better online place? Thanks