R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF2WD thread
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 02:31 PM
DaveG28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Hi mate,

I run the 201 over here in the uk, it's very solid, haven't broken a single part in probably a dozen meetings now. Spares wise, arms/bulkheads/towers would be useful just in case, hopups maybe rear hubs and spring sets. I use the 4wd yellow front springs, and yellow rear springs!

Oh, and I'd get better ballstuds, tamiya 5x8mm hard hex head work well!

Originally Posted by cobras811
thanks for the quick reply, its much appreciated.

i will check out the rudebits pieces, and see what i can get hold of (i know and race with trish so it shouldn't be a problem), i will see what works and try and get the best compromise. any advice as too gearing, i am running a 6.5 brushless with a gm 90 speedo. its indoor on carpet, relatively short track with some big jumps. so acceleration is the key. as well as decent corner handling but able too take a heavy landing. i know i'm asking for it all, but i am sorting starting from a blank sheet as i dont really have a starting point or even stock settings for the trf, i have just downloaded the instructions, but now have too strip the car down too see what is stock and what isn't. but at least i will get a chance too check the condition of all the bearings and see the fit of all the arms and hubs etc.
anyway thanks for the advice i will see who does trf bits in the uk and see what i can get hold of.