R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 Offroad Buggy
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 07:43 AM
PTP Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have to respectfully disagree i dont think we need to complicate things by adding an additional class for these larger engines

my p5 should easily kill any of them anyway reality is .21 race engines are still far better than the larger displacement rtr engines

i really like the offorad racing scene in comparison to onroad because of the lax rules which allow us to just race and have fun whereas i regularly hear complaints from onroad racers about cheating

thats why our local onroad track has finally decided to just make the rules simple by saying small blocks and sedan bodies run what you've brung thus eliminating the cheating factor

in the past 2 years ive attended numerous offroad races where tech wasnt needed and track officials were able to focus their attention on what really matters MARSHALLING and proper radio impound

the worst racing conditions are when i race electric touring in the winter these guys have so many rules the talk of cheating never stops and the atmosphere is far more tense

and finally allowing these newbies with rtr car to come out and race with us and have as much fun as those who spent the big bucks should make more fun for them and in the long run more fun for everyone

but i might change my mind if i get blown away by some newbie with a rtr