R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - should i put these into production?( savage flux/xl )
Old 12-25-2010, 07:40 PM
mrsnuggles
Tech Apprentice

Default should i put these into production?( savage flux/xl )

as i was breaking the outer axles at an alarming rate, i decided to prototype a set of braces to keep the axles from splitting apart. i have never heard of this happening on the older types but some people have had the xl and flux ones split apart.

the braces only fit the trucks using shd axles like flux and xl

this is what i'm talking about. the third one is a new unused for comparison

and here is a picture of one with the prototype installed. (the prototype has overly thick walls 3mm but production one will have 2mm)

here is a 3d pic of the prototype.

and a 3d pic of the production one. the difference is that, the wall thickness on the round part is 1mm thinner

please give me your thoughts on the matter, if i should start making them.

the prototypes have held my axles intact since i put them on so i have no worries about selling them as an upgrade parts.

edit: all the ones that broke, were at the front wheels. i think it only happens during extreme force while the axle is at an angle to the outer axle. the other cups do not see as much angle as the outer front ones. so each kit could be just two braces, but you could put them on all the cups, 8 in total.

Last edited by mrsnuggles; 12-25-2010 at 08:00 PM.