R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2011 spec xray 808
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 05:36 PM
merdith6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Yep

I like the 808, any year. I still race my 08 version sometimes and really it doesn't matter what version you have. If you want a new buggy, get the new one, if you have an older one, just replace parts when needed...

No big deal to make improvements and have a new release....

I just don't see the need to buy every version just to have the latest model. That is wasteful unless you just race a lot and don't really buy lots of replacement parts....By the time you add up replacement parts after the first year of hard racing, a new kit isn't a bad idea.....

I hope they beefed up the chassis a bit, it does flex a bit too much, and can become bent fairly quickly, but the overall package is damn good....

If you don't like Xray you never owned one....That's it....

I like Mugen, Xray, Kyosho....Great parts quality, and can be set up fairly easily, oh yeah, fast too....

You have to realize the 808 is only their second buggy ever. The xb8 was a good car for it's time, but the 808 is a great car that will stand the test of time, a few versions isn't a big suprise for the second gen car. Who cares if it doesn't have all the best drivers at the Worlds level...

If you need a new buggy, you won't have to buy their kit, then buy all the improvements made by the team....Just get the new one.....Duh....