R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Track Locator Website
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Junkman
Tech Addict

www.wheretoracerc.com

What it is:
  • Dynamic database of clubs, hobby shops, R/C car drivers, R/C tracks, and R/C events (club or big events).
  • Track locator.
  • Event finder.
  • Club or hobby shop locator.
What it does:
  • As a event finder, it allows R/C drivers to find Racing events that are coming up in their area (state) or any state if it is in the database.
  • It then allows R/C Driver's to sign up for said event right on-line and pay for it (if the event director want's) via-paypal.
  • (use the demo event to check this out the shopping cart)
  • R/C Drivers are asked to enter a bit of information about them ONCE.
  • R/C Drivers are asked to enter information about their cars ONCE, including frequency's they use and if they are synthesized or not. They can set up as many cars as they want, and update them as much as they want.
  • As a club or hobby shop finder it sorts by State also, and has links to their Tracks and Event's.
How it does it:
  • By having a database that you maintain, if your track's or event's change, you can do it yourself, and R/C Drivers can see what your offering right away.
  • By having a database of drivers and their cars, when they sign up, their frequencies get listed automatically.
This web site was created by me to try to create a better practice time during the big races in the theory that if I know what frequencies are signed up for, I can pick one that isn't (at least in my class's) so less time waiting for the clip or less chance of an out of control car.

How to get started: (none of this stuff takes very long) the first two step's only need to be done once.
  1. First, go to www.wheretoracerc.com then click on the "Directors" tab, set up a new account (password will be email to you).It will as for basic stuff like address, phone number, web site address, email (most of this will be available on the web site as contact information).
  2. What you have done is set up a "Club/Hobby shop", now you can set up your track(s). There are several option's that are pretty self explanatory, the address portion will like to mapquest making it easy for people to find your track.
  3. The last and coolest step is to set up "Events" this is where you pick a track (from the one(s) you created above) and add "Classes" to it, if your classes don't exist you can create new one's. Also need to set date(s) from a drop down menu and several other item's.
All of the above is accessible from the "Directors" tab for easy access.

To see what it looks like, use the "Clubs" "Tracks" or "Events" tabs to search for your club/track or event!

To see what the Driver's see, (which basically unlocks a portion of the event's page) set up a driver account and follow same flow..

Thanks,
John Geffe