R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Late 2010 best buy on Engines
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Nickmind
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up Best = Value

But again guys, i do have to say. My question did say "BEST" but i meant it as equaling in value. VALUE is the key. If every engine went 8+ gallons, then its a no brainer. Get the cheapest one. But that is not the case. So please lets not down play it. Value means, If I spent $800 on werks (remember 3 mills here), or $600 on Go's. And both set of engines give me 8+ gallons and zero issues. Then Go engines have the higher value. But if either side did not hold true (again this is where the real question comes into play, i need to know whats the good, the bad, and the ugly). Then of course the value is lowered on either side.

Even if i posted, "Hey whats the best between 2 and 3 bills?" and someone would reply with "will if you would spent 3.5 or 4 bills" to get a better value for "X" reasons. Then I would have to go back to the drawing board. As i don't agree with Werks number math. He had the best points leading to value. No its not just as simple as "Just buy, and take care of, you will be happy, duh". Again, if i take the numbers from before. I could save $200!!!! Thats big, thats a Netbook for my kids! Or 3 hours at the spa for my wife! Oh, i forgot i live in SoCal. On 30mins at the Spa for the wife, or a really nice pony ride for the kids.

I hope my point came off clear. Thanks,
Nick