R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - K.R.C.R. Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Old 12-22-2010, 06:25 AM
energyrc
Tech Apprentice

I am also in complete favor of making it strictly electric. Not sure if it would bring down insurance (less chance of fire, no exposed toxic fumes, and maybe they think that nitros could cause more property damage), but if it did thats a bonus??? But at least you would keep the noise down(A LOT!!!! A pack of 6 nitro buggies makes a crazy amount of noise) and lets face it, electric is the future. With lipos and brushless motors getting better and better, soon there will be no real advantage to nitro.

Problem with that is, you may get less club members??? There are lots of nitro guys. But hey, they would just have to convert to electric!

About the Off-road track. We will just have to see what plays out for the club. If we only have a temp spot or a place where they have forbidden land alteration, then a grass and wood track would be a great way to have an off-road track. But if what ever place we find wouldn't mind it (which i agree is less likely to find), I think if we threw down the dirt we could attract far more members, and dirt just feels right . If you have a dirt track with out tons of dirt, its really wouldn't be too hard to take down fast. Rent a bobcat, flatten the jumps rake the dirt in a plant grass, or if needed lay sod. By the next season you wouldn't know it was there.

Last edited by energyrc; 12-22-2010 at 06:41 AM.