R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - K.R.C.R. Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Old 12-21-2010, 09:56 PM
BrodieMan
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had emailed the president of the Monster RC Club a while ago but never heard back from him. I am speculating here but I think that because they were running mostly Nitro, that could be a big factor in why they haven't found a new track location. All the noise from Nitro engines makes is going to result in plenty of complaints. Since I will be looking to get use of property that is adjacent to houses it's going to be strictly electric.

A few reasons why I would be proposing a grass track is partly to do with getting land use approval. For example, when I approach the Agricultural Society in Lakefield about using an area of the fairgrounds about having a grass track on their property, the impact on the area would be almost nil compared to a dirt track. So if they decided they no longer want the club using their property their is no damage done, grass grows back and all is the same as before. Going in and wanting to bring in clay, bobcats and dig up the place when they don't know us, it would be be substantially harder to convince them and they would probably want a lot more money in their pockets to allow it. Another reason why I am going to do my best to get a track at the fairgrounds is that it's secure (fenced) property so access can be easily restricted. The club has to do everything it can to avoid lawsuits, complaints from neighbours, vandalism etc. so a secure area is ideal. Would make insurance rates a lot lower as well.

The on-road part of the club is much easier to manage because it is a temporary setup and after race day everything is removed.

I suppose I should actually get some work done now instead of getting paid to read RCTECH forums