R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - K.R.C.R. Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Old 12-21-2010, 08:04 PM
energyrc
Tech Apprentice

I think we will need a lot of time for the Off-road. I was talking to the Peterborough monster rc club president, and he said that they have been looking fairly diligently for a couple years now and nothing has come up. He said that he thinks the wind is out of their sails at this point. I think the problem is the idea of semi-permanently giving up a piece of land. But If we can find a piece of land it would be great. I would love it to be in Lakefield! thats where I live. A grass and wood track would be good, but if we get the land for a decent amount of time, i think it would be worth it to put a true dirt track in. Plus if you put the dirt in, you will have all the monster rc club guys buying memberships. Its reasonably cheap to rent a little bobcat for a day. just my opinion.

About the club name, if Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers is the decision, i can draft up a bunch of different options and you guys can vote on them. By the way, i don't want to put anyone in the position where they feel they need to choose one. So if i draft up one that you think has potential but you have a suggestion feel free to share it or take them and redesign them how you like them. I would rather that then having a logo that people aren't crazy about.

Assuming we are going with this name, What do you guys think for the logo. "KRCR" or "Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers"??? I'm guess the full name, but i don't know what you guys had in mind.

When ever i design something like a logo on adobe Ps, I always ask my self three things. So i will ask you guys these three things.

1. What will the design be used for/in? this will determine the background color and the general feel of the logo.

2. Is it to be displayed on the web and/or on a real medium? (for web i have to make a 72ppi copy, for real medium/stickers/banners/flyers... i have to make a 300ppi copy)

3. Is there a certain color(s) that the design should incorporate? Do you have any idea what color the website will be. All that good stuff.

I will draft up a few just to give an idea and have a little fun, but wont get serious about it until the website and plans are further along.

Thanks for taking the lead on this one Mark! If the club happens which it definitely will , we owe it to you.

Last edited by energyrc; 12-21-2010 at 08:33 PM.