R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 06:45 AM
4times
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
Exactly...it is just so funny how people try to tear down something that is new and say they stole the ideas. I mean....what is the same with the mid motor with X-Factory?....the four gear tranny?, that has to happen in order to run a mid motor car..it's physics (side note, who cares about the mid motor...we live in the USA not the UK) The big bores are basically a slimmed down version of the Losi Eight shocks not the Yokomo big bores....

And of coarse ideas from other companies get incorporated in some way or another, that is just how things work and how our hobby progresses. Look at the all the forward cab bodies on the market now....started with the Losi truggy that Dyno designed....it all comes around in some form or another.
It wasn't meant to "tear down" the new buggy, it was actually suppose to be a compliment regarding how they have taken some existing concepts that have been showing up in 1/10 scale racing and put them together in a nice package.

I know Durango didn't invent the aluminum chassis (we can probably let AE have that one) and I know Yokomo didn't invent the larger bore shock bodies (we can probably give that one to the 1/8 scale world). But they did introduce (or re-introduce) the concepts back into 1/10 scale recently.

I'm a fan of Losi, have been since the 80's. I'm glad they are getting something new out in 1/10 off-road. I was merely pointing out that they put a nice package together incorporating some of the recent trends. It wasn't a slam or an accusation that they "stole" ideas or technologies.

Sorry some of you are so sensitive.