R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 11:37 AM
BCbud
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danthrc
I have a few questions regarding setup for a link type 12th. scale. I am about to build a Gen XL but am still working with my 3.2 Carpet Knife.

I run on an asphalt track that we clean and treat with sugar water, so the track (by 12th. scale standards) would be medium grip, but I think it hooks up pretty good. I am running basically at stock 17.5 brushless setup with no timing or esc boost. I have the newest CRC center shock with 30wt. oil in it, I'm running pink rear and magenta or purple fronts, trued to 48 and 46mm respectively. My gearing right now is 78/44 for a 3.37 roll out (not aggressive at all) I have 16awg wire to minimize any binding of the rear pod.

Here is my issue:

The car turnes one way (left) and is stuck. On the right handers it wants to spin on throttle. I know about tweak and such but no matter how I set it, I keep getting this issue. I am able to adjust the tweak screws and completely reverse the issue, but I can't find the middle.

I have checked that all of the moving parts are free. Front arms drop on their own. Rear pod with nothing connected moves free in all directions.

One thought is that since its a 3.2 and the brushless motor off set, throws things out of balance vs. the new cars with the motor weight considered, that it may be part of the problem.
Or, that the 1s battery and lighter rearend just has the car more sensitive.

Any other suggestions on how to tackle this common issue? It's hard to find any "cause and effect" articles about 12th. scale pan.

Thanks for any help!
Good day!

I run a 3.1 Carpet Knife with lipo and 17.5 brushless with boost. I have 1/4 oz weight on the rear pod on the spur gear side forword as far out as it will go to help compinsate for the inballance. The car works realy well and I have no turning problems.

Things I would check....Make shure you do not have a bent king pin. Make shure your front lower armes are the same hight ( they do bend after a couple of hits). Check all bearings. Check your front springs for size and play.
Make shure your front upper arms are moving free and the pins are not bent.
Check rid hight to mke sure the chassies is not rubbing on a turn.

Hope this helps.