R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - If some one intentionally kicks another racers car after the race....
Old 12-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Buckaroo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah, 3 sides to every story, I get that, but there's NO excuse for something like that, no matter what. We're all human, but with that comes RESPONSIBILITY, especially when in public, no matter the external inputs.

Sounds like it was a situation that, if handled differently, would have resulted in the guy who kicked the car being the hero if instead he had pulled his car and highlighted the percieved misconduct of the other party! Instead, he got wrapped up in the moment. That's called Vigilante Justice, which is something our society no longer tolerates.

Try something like this at my local RC track, and not only would you NOT be welcomed back, but you can be sure ALL of your sponsors would be contacted. I've been running some type of toy car since the mid 80s, and every club that I've been a part of would have refund your membership fees (pro rated) and asked you not to return. Most have actually had misconduct clauses in the by-laws, and I've seen similar situations where they've had to be enforced.

If the RD didn't take steps to impose a ban and you had the unmitigated gall to show back up, everyone would pull their cars and NOT run with you.

If that hit the RD in the wallet(since most tracks are actually for profit businesses), well.......words have meaning and actions (or inactions) have consequence. Which pot of money would you rather loose, one guy who gets into fights(no matter the reason), or everyone else who doesn't?

I don't care who you are, that's not acceptable conduct, for any reason.

Any attempts at reconciliation STARTS with a public appology and parts replacement, followed by a posted written appology to the witnesses. Probably continues with a forfeiture of points/prizes/whatever for at least that race.

The other party (owner of the punted car) bears questioning, too. If there was agressive conduct on his part to precipitate the event, I would lump him into the same category as the kicker, with similar penalties.

The reality is we live in a world where otherwise normal and reasonable people loose their cool and bring guns to fist fights. Want someone like that at your local track?