R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - pipe cleaning
Thread: pipe cleaning
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 05:43 AM
seayya
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
how is the inside of the pipes... thats my main concern.. performance can decrease with to much carbon build up in the pipe

I did not look real close to the inside of the pipes before cleaning, but now they still have the dark look to them but they appear to be clean.

Now I can say this the Ninja pipe is over 2 years old and has been used as my main pipe for the entire time I have had it. It has been on my Ninja motors. Last weekend I went to a track in FT. Walton Beach, FL that I run a few times a year. I have been running a Mugen MBX6 for close to 2 years, and with this pipe (before cleaning) and my new Ninja my run times have been in the 9.5 - 10 minutes. Now I went back this past weekend with my new Agama, cleaned pipe, and same Ninja and ran 11.42 with the motor still running. I do not know what the main difference could have been. The air temp was around 15-20 degrees cooler this past weekend versus 6 weeks ago when I was there. This Ninja by FAR had more punch and top end than I have seen on my Ninja's in over a year. IS IT all about the pipe cleaning.....I do NOT know, but it CAN'T hurt to try!!!

Hope this helps.

Keith