R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Should I buy a Night Crawler
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 06:46 AM
AreCee
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLYING BONES
First, Sorry for the question i'm sure their are answers too...i'll start reading as soon as I post this but I'm being offered a NC at @ $225 that's "like new" and I know you guys will shoot straight.

I dont see crawling comps anytime soon, just playin...seems like more fun than a micro scale short course for around the house though, and the led's are cool.

I currently have 5000mah 40c 7.4v lipos...will these work in it?
Wow did this thread go off track in a hurry, like the first response.

People, the OP was asking about the NightCrawler not the CompCrawler. The NightCrawler is quite a bit different than the LCC and yes it does share most of the drivetrain but the trans is totally different.

I comp'd a LCC for two seasons and it is a competent competitor. Yes, it needs to be maintained but all crawlers need to be maintained.

Yes a big battery raises the center of gravity but the NC has a battery tray that fits the larger packs and for puttering around it's fine, no need to run out and buy new batteries and chargers.

One of our club members runs his NC in our Sprotsman class (no DIG or MOA). He actually does better with the NC than his LCC.

Again this is only my opinion based on my experience with two years of Losi comping. BTW I had Gen 1 and it worked great with the new axles and the non-slipper gear.