R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Championship Series
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 07:57 PM
teamstrc
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

This is not a slam or bash on anyone, but I think it's a very neutral statement:

If you feel like the rules don't suit you or if the racing is too expensive to be involved, then don't race it, because you're not going to have fun. If it's no fun, then why do it? No one is forcing you to race, and never forget that Tamiya's number one priority will always be the well being of Tamiya. Running a series that puts them in the red (negative) does not make sense from any business stand point. The series is to promote product sales first and foremost.

My personal opinion on the new rules is that in terms of technology it's a great brave step forward towards further leveling the playing field, but as far as being economical, the selected brushless system and the fact we have to run pre-mount tires is two steps backwards (but it does support the #1 priority stated above)

Good luck to those running the series this year...I'll be coming by and watch as I always enjoy hanging out with the guys at Aliso and the atmosphere there (it's Orange County!)

Steve