R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami
Old 12-12-2010, 07:57 PM
mikemyers
Tech Addict

Many of the faster racers couldn't attend the pre-worlds, but will certainly try to be at the main event next April. Chris is certainly one of the fastest racers around to represent Team USA; hopefully he'll be there.

I took quite a bit of video at the pre-worlds, all in Hi-Def 720p resolution. The video of the Final is uploading now - Youtube says it will be finished in 86 minutes. It's now 10:53, so do the math - but it takes a while after the upload completes before you can play videos back in HD.

One of the nicest "almost" stories at this race was Felix Law. This was his second 1/8 on-road fuel race ever, and with the help of Jason Bell, he came out to race in a box-stock old-model Mugen car. Felix made it up to the Semi-Finals, and was within seconds of finishing with a good enough time to bump up into the Final. There's a video of Felix and Jason I need to upload once I get some other information posted.