R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Championship Series
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Tom Slick
Tech Regular

Default where the rubber meets da road

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Oh yea,

Any reports from the last weekend of motor/speedo testing at Aliso?

Allways looking for the "unfair" the information advantage!
I think I'll let our mutual friend Craig "Cuda" H. report on the state of play in F1. He was testing and even managed to do some impressive work on his front wing.
Minis are getting better and better with the spec tires; only issue there is when it's cold. It sure wasn't this weekend. I managed to dial-in my M05 with some help from Granpa, and my M03 long is a barrel of laughs. FMW did as promised bring out an M06 and run some hot laps; it's a little loose on-power (he did run spec tires on it) but he did admittedly run it almost stock-kit setup. It definitely appears though to have licked two perennial M04 problems: tracking straight, and keeping aligned/trimmed after the first time it hits a bump.
FMW ran it with a Miata body; worked OK, has to be mounted higher than I'd like for tire clearance. Also, we figured out that bodies like the Suzuki Swift and the "new" Mini Coopers won't fit it; not enough rear bumper overhang to clear the motor. So, for now it looks like it's gonna need the Alfa, the Miata, the S800, and the Alpine to fit over it.