R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Championship Series
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:02 AM
gcooper
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by swarb
TCS is designed to accomplish three main objectives. In no particular order they are:

1. Provide the TCS host site (Hobby shops) marketing and sales tools to help and better promote their racing program that supports TAMIYA based products.
2. Provide Tamiya brand awareness to new and existing customers that patron the hobby shop.
3. Provide the fairest and most economical racing structure to TAMIYA customers.

fingers crossed.... few more days....
It seems like #3 has been ignored. Maybe it should be written as "3. Provide the fairest and most economical racing structure for TAMIYA USA."

I don't see other than dumping Tamiya esc's much improvement. You cannot run your old tires, cannot run silvercans in sedan and are stuck running BL for FF03, talk about wheel-spin. It was great seeing the rules early, although the changes left many upset and packing away from the series.

People say it is a free race that is a thank you for Tamiya customers.
How many local races can you just show up, pay $10-$15 and can expect to run what you have. Usually local racers are in touch with what their area tracks are running. I know my buying for local racing has not been anywhere extreme to what Tamiya wishes you to buy. If I want to buy something, it is for the improvement for my racing, for many races, not for having just for 1 race. Sure you can run your Tamiya tires at other races, don't expect to be as competitive compared to other brands of tires.

Good luck to you guys, hope your series survives the mayhem.

Coop