Thread: Hot Bodies TCX
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 03:01 PM
RC-DriftNewb
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt W
Hi,

i was wondering if anyone would explain the affects of using equal ff and fr hingepin blocks over the standard kit setting. I am having trouble with grip roll with the std blocks and was wondering if changing this would help?

any help would be appreciated
I wish I could remember, but a guy named Korey Harbke went into detail about it here. Do a search on his name and it should pop up. Really, a lot of his posts are very informative. I've gone through them and learned a lot.

He also mentions traction rolling can be running too high of a roll center in the front. Its basically start with 1.5mm FF/FR and also RF/RR. If you notice rolling drop FF/FR to 1.25mm and see if that helps. That said, depending on your setup, your roll center may not be the issue.

And really, a lot of things can cause it. But to understand whats wrong you need to know what is happening. When you're going into a turn, weight is being transferred from the back to the front. So your back end will raise up, and the front end will go down. And so a lot of things can cause that. Too much rear droop will shift too much weight forward, too low of a ride height in the front, too soft a spring in the front, shock towers too "layed down" or "soft" in the front, and a lot more. Just make one change at a time and see how it goes. The XXX main chassis setup guide is really good to pick up too. Very informative.