R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LOSI 8IGHT 2.0 RTR reviews
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:50 AM
inferno13
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Sein
+1 I don't have both but I do have the rtr and, when I drive real smooth, I can run just as fast as all the fast guys at my track. I'm the only one with an rtr though. Like jwm2 said, it's as good as the driver who is driving it.

I upgraded the servos and put a turbo head on the 454 with an re11 pipe and it is golden. The servos, no matter what, you will have to upgrade but everything else you don't really need.

The 454 has a very strong pinch from the factory and it takes, at the very least, 1.5 gallons to fully break in. Mind did not "drop it's nuts" till about 3 gallons in. I am starting my 5th gallon right now and the piston will still push the sleeve out of the block at TDC, with cooling head and head button off.

You will want to change the clutch once you start racing. It has a real high stall (engages late). You'll want to go with a softer setup. That 454 has a lot of torque and you will get better traction with the softer (earlier) clutch engagement.

Here is a vid of mine on the track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie8v242zc2Y
your 2.0 buggy came with a 454?, mine came with a 350.
i have the rtr buggy and ran it last year with no issues at all, i did change out the servos the day i received it from UPS. i went with xp1015 servos. the rtr only comes with 2 clutch shoes installed, will have to add two more, (i thought that was odd). but over all very happy with it, this year i will be running a GO GX7R in it. good luck!