R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 12-09-2010, 02:35 PM
COBRARACING
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zipp
Just wanna say that I've benefited from Angelo's awesome support. Have been in the hobby on and off for years but am totally new to brushless. Needless to say brushless technology has advanced so much with the introduction of dynamic timing, and with that the learning curve is much different and steeper then the brushed motor-days.

Angelo has been a great help with my re-entry into electric touring. He was very prompt in answering even my noobest of questions through email. I am very glad to have chosen HW in this aspect. So thanks Angelo! keep it up!

As for the debate on adding more timing and stuff. Well, personally I'd just leave it to Michael and the other engineers. They do this full time and have more technical and engineering knowledge than we'd ever know. With Angelo's assurance and the current quality of HW ESCS, I think i can safely trust that they know what they're doing, and that they're on to better stuff. I'm sure they're well aware of their competitors' capabilities, without needing our help to state how X brand has this much more timing and whatnot. If timing is supposed to be dynamic nowadays, can you even compare across different escs? 30deg of dynamic timing in one esc could mean a whole different thing in another.

Glad to hear improvements are on the way. Angelo i hope the minor ones can be upgradeable, so that we don't have to buy a new speedo
Dear Zipp

thank you for the kind words and all i can say is all i can do is my best to service all of you the best way i can .My background is mechanical a electronic engineering in hardware i know software but i dont really get involved michael is the Guru there and to be honest im still learning like everyone else im the same as most of you guys on this thread a leaner not a cocky individual who thinks i know everything .Ill be learning for the rest of my life and thats what i love about r/c its changes all the time something new every so often .

Hobbywing are improving all the time from the rtr ezrun to now being a very big threat in the pro racing scene under the hobbywing branding .

Sp have been world champions for some years now but what people need to understand is that the equipment that won the world titles was hobbywing designed and manufactured hardware and software by michael lui one of the best hardware and software engineers who i have ever come across other than the great ability of the world champion driver .

Before i enter a company as a partner i look at the organisation ,i talk to the people involved i ask what do they want to do with the branding were do they want to take the brand .Are they serious about leaving there old ways behind and moving forward into the future .Do they want to be different from other cheating Asian companies and want to be taken serious in the western world ? Do they want to and agree and want to move forward in establishing exclusive distributors in developed countries etc .Are they serious about controlling Asian wholesalers and the hong kong online market which prostitutes pricing and downgrades the product and brand .All these things i look at and thats when i make a decision to see if i am going to join or not .I look from the outside for a few months and thats were you can see whats going on and thats from the outside as an ousiderto the organisation .To be honest Hobbywing have passed with flying colours everything they have promised to change they have delivered on and many more things to come .

My commitment to hobbywing as a part owner is long term and thats the same way the rest at Hobbywing feel there is no more short term business in the organisation but long term thinkers .

All we ask from our loyal customer base and future customers is dont judge us from the past but for the future and what we do to improve everything from our customer service to our products and beyond.

Hobbywing is here to stay and all i have to say is if any of you are competing at the TITC event in beutiful Thailand please enter or observe our sponsored Fwd class which was created by Greg Fisher of Feral batteries Australia (we thank Greg for all his help) as it will be a killer class and lots of fun .

Ok enough of my life stories please let me know how i can help you guys, at the moment yes we are looking deeply into our timing on our software and lets see what we can upgrade without jepordising our world class reliability.

I will keep all you electric fanatics posted .

AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Last edited by COBRARACING; 12-09-2010 at 06:01 PM.