R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi4
Thread: Schumacher Mi4
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 04:15 AM
scott_g
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Im thinking of switching to the CX from Xray T3. Being used to the Xray i have not broken any parts this year but i have had quite a clean years racing also. Im after some opinion on the durability of the Schumacher car and what spares would need to carry? Im guessing a lot of the plastic parts from the Mi4 are carrying over. Im hoping A main will have stock so i can possibly order soon. Thoughts appreciated. Regards Benzaah.
Benzaah, we've been running the mi4 since they first came out, haven't had any real issues to speak of. You would carry the normal range of parts "just in case", some arms, belts, pulleys etc - but there isn't anything that regularly breaks. The only real consumable on the current car is the driveshaft blades - but they're gone on the new car in favour of stronger driveshafts and outdrives. I would normally carry spare driveshafts, but if the new ones on the CX are stronger...happy days!

If you want to purchase within Aus there are retailers whose pricing is pretty decent (we think including us Action R/C in Brissie) and who carry good range of spares.