R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 PM
ixlr8nz
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
My only request is simply, allow more Turbo. Double the value that is in the 518 software. That would allow 44deg of ESC timing, i think that would make us all alittle happier. Personally it would allow me to run less timing on the infield where the turbo adds to much timing, and still have enough timing for down the straight. It just adds flexability to the setup.

When running 1S 1/12, you will not be frying anything, there is just not enough power. (And having alittle common sense too).

When running 2S Touring Car, it could be dangerous, but even with the current software people can fry the ESC and their motors. Racers just have to work from the conservative side of their gearing/timing until they get it right.

Angelo, we all appreciate the time and efford that goes into this ESC, and your position on reliability, and performance. There is always room for improvement, and although most of the forum in the last couple of days sounds like a childish rant, its mostly enthusiastic customers that think we all know what we want in a ESC. Maybe it would be possible to have a 1S and a 2S version of the software? This could allow the lower voltage software to use more timing, and still keep the 2S version within "reliable limits" ?

Cheers,

Shawn.
The last thing I would want is more turbo added on the ESC. That just equals even more static timing - exactly what we don't want. If anything I would not have any turbo in the software at all, and just have a lot more dynamic timing to play with.

Anything that adds lots of timing suddenly, will increase heat. It may seem like the car is going faster when the turbo comes on, but in reality all thats happening is that your dynamic timing + motor timing settings (not including the turbo) are insuffient to let the car accelerate any more. If you had more dynamic timing available, your car would accelerate even faster without any turbo.

At the moment most of us use turbo. The only reason we find it faster is because there is not enough dynamic timing adjustment on the esc and possibly the fact that the timing goes up linear instead of exponentially (but I won't even bother getting into that here).

Of course this is all theory as theres no way I can prove any of this without being allowed to play with the software.

Regards
Mike