R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC 1/10 Pan Car
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bsmooth
...So i'm looking at getting a new LE, or at least the conversion kit. If I get the LE, how many tenths am I gauranteed to shave off?

Seriously though, what will I notice on track between the new, vs. older car?

I see the new car has the Encore shock. Is this a significant improvement over the older (larger) Losi shock?

Last, how do you remove the battery between runs? It appears the only way is to loosen, and/or remove the top deck screws.

Thanks,
Steve
For me, about 2/10ths on NorCal's carpet track...guaranteed!

I do like the new Encore shock. Easy to build. Have it connected directly to the top deck via a CRC #3346 Lightweight Antenna/Shock Mount that I shaved down to make it about half height.

Pull the four screws holding the top deck down to get the battery out. We previously had to pull four screws to remove the bottom tray; so, it's about the same work.

Depending on the dimensions of your 1S packs, I modified the old bottom tray to hold my pack firmly in place. Cut off the front and back to make a simple channel that the battery rests in. I will be adding additional holes in my chassis to hold the packs in place side-to-side via the CRC #3373 Molded Battery Position Pieces. Also expect to add sets of mounting holes to be able to move the 1S battery a tad back from directly behind the servo...Hint, hint to CRC...More holes please.

The new design is sooooooooooo much cleaner.

Bill