R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Newbie question: How similar are 2WD Slash chassis and 4x4 Slash chassis?
Old 12-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Little-Acorn
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BryanAZ
Can I ask a question? Why are you set on a Slash? Personally, everyone I know that has had a slash decides that it is better for bashing than racing and eventually get a different truck. This is the case especially with the 2wd versions. Even people who have figured out a really good setup for their slash eventually get a SC10.
It's mostly for bashing, but occasionally racing. I'm looking at the Slash because I've heard from quite a few people that it's the closest to indestructable it's possible to get, when in mostly-stock form. My 12-year-old son has a habit of hitting large, immovable objects; and also likes doing jumps, often does not land on the wheels. I'm getting a LOT of experience fixing RC10T's. Lots of RPM parts, but not every part on the chassis is RPM.

People I ask, usually mention other cars in addition to the Slash. But the Slash is the one everybody mentions, as being very sturdy during jumps/crashes etc.

My son just ran his first race last Sunday. A drive shaft popped out of his RC10T after a jump, DNF (It has RPM arms and shock towers). He needs to get a lot more experience before the quality of the car starts to make a difference. Right now, sturdiness is far more important.