R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Wanted Tyre Truer.
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2004, 02:53 AM
Andrew_XXXs
Tech Addict

Originally posted by gpd123
im sorry to tell ya, but English is the language that this forum operates on, Tire is spelled TIRE in the english language, there is no alternate spelling of the word.. The brits use a slang form of the word Tire, which is tyre, that does not mean it is a real word. the brits do a lot of things that normal decent people do not do, look at their teeth.. i will bet you dont know why british people have disscolored and poor quality teeth do ya.. it comes from a long history of inbreeding. so since you feel that tyre is a real word, do you feel inbreeding is right too ?. so why would we take anything from their life history and use it as English ? here is the dictionary listing on the word Tyre.. notice how they spell it in the description.. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=tyre
OK. I don't have a problem with you guys in the US, however you sometimes have a reputation of being somewhat small minded (ie anything outside the US we don't really want to know about).

I haven't generally found this to be the case, however I think this post illustrates quite effectively why people are of this opinion.