R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin
Old 12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Ostach24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carcrusher46
Andy - Just as a fyi, a lot of the people I've been talking to have been uneasy about the late starting time - I'm thinking that if we make the entry deadline at, say, 6:30, we can be racing by 7 every week without issues and hopefully have everyone out by 11 if everything is run smoothly. There's nothing keeping people from calling ahead and registering beforehand, and I don't know of anyone who can't actually physically be at the track by 7 if they show up with everything ready to go. Getting out at 1am isn't exactly family-friendly for the parents and kids, which is one of the things I always hated about the alternative Friday night options for racing in this area.

It shouldn't really be an issue with being prepared to run upon arrival - I show up to McCullough's every week with at least the first 2 heats plus practice worth of batteries for multiple classes charged and ready to go from the night before - makes things much easier and less rushed when you actually get to the track.

Just figured I'd throw it out there since I've been hearing a lot of concern about it.
We thought about that, but the reality of it is that more people won't be able to make an earlier time. If you think about it, some kids have practice right after school, some 4-6, and most working people get off between 4-5:30. If you enter the factor of going home grabbing a snack, changing clothes and driving time to the track they will most likely not be able to make it to race if we start earlier. Also again many people have a packed schedule during the week and can't always get things ready before hand. These people might need some extra time on at the race track to be ready to race. Also some racers don't have enough batteries to have for a few practice rounds and will need to practice and charge practice and charge.
I appreciate the thought though.