R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 12-06-2010, 12:18 AM
kiwidave72
Tech Adept

Default timing

My experience with the HW is that i can get more rip out of corners then others in my club running tekins.

At the North Islands last month (in new zealand) i managed to qualify 4th in super stock 13.5.

The car was going great and with a good time in the first round i knew i didnt have to push to hard in the later rounds, and got faster going slower (work that out). For me i had a GREAT qualifying day with the performance of the car and ESC...one of those days where every things goes your way...just a shame my finials weren't so good and ended 7th overall.

I run with NO fans with a FDR of 7.11...something i have been doing all winter.

I wasnt the fastest down the short straight, but cant remember being passed down it either. In the in field the car had more power then i needed and if i lost time down the straight i would gain it again before the end of a lap.

Heat wise, im getting off the track in the 40-50C temps...summer here hasnt heated up yet to worry about ambient heat yet (18-24C). I know i could get a bit more speed down the straights but that would just increase the heat level.

For me i would prefer to keep my gearing as it is, and let the ESC do all the work while i also work on driving good lines and gain a few 10ths here and there.

Having said all that, our Nationals next year are going to be held on a bigger track and in the middle of Feb (our hottest month), so will have to look at my options, but for now im happy.

Keep up the good work HW, and i hope you bring out a new update before Feb next year.

cheers,
David Norden