R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Got ripped off and the scammer lowered my feedback rating????
Old 12-05-2010, 09:10 PM
GIX1000_07
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Funky
You have nothing to worry about. You have shown enough proof to back your side of this sale. I don't see how anyone would look down on you for this neg. Its just sucks that you might have to explain it to people for a while.

marooko

You say "Think of it as a court system and you're presenting your case to the judge"

Well since this would be a civil case I'm 99.9% sure he would win. What does one need to win a civil case?

preponderance of the evidence n. the greater weight of the evidence required in a civil (non-criminal) lawsuit for the trier of fact (jury or judge without a jury) to decide in favor of one side or the other. This preponderance is based on the more convincing evidence and its probable truth or accuracy, and not on the amount of evidence. Thus, one clearly knowledgeable witness may provide a preponderance of evidence over a dozen witnesses with hazy testimony, or a signed agreement with definite terms may outweigh opinions or speculation about what the parties intended. Preponderance of the evidence is required in a civil case and is contrasted with "beyond a reasonable doubt," which is the more severe test of evidence required to convict in a criminal trial.

At 9:31 pm on 10/14/10 Funky post that he got the car and was sending JColeman a pm. 3 hours later Jcoleman Deleted the thread.Why delete the thread if you have nothing to hide?

Jcoleman makes his add sound like he bought the car new. When in fact he bought it used from jo civic. Jcoleman says the body's was given to him by a friend. Once again he bought them from jo civic. Jcoleman said the pics are detailed pics of what you would receive. The body wasn't as pictured and the servo and receiver wasn't sent. Yes the add says "just add your electrics". Most would take it as needing what isn't pictured.
Jcolmen says he told Funky on the phone that it didnt have any electronics on it. Yet Funky shows a pm (which only a mod can verify) after the deal/payment was made asking about the electroinics.

I could go on but I feel I made my point. I think I have pointed out enough that Funky would win by preponderance of the evidence.

Plus with everything that was posted in the threads and Jcoleman deleting the thread clearly shows he scammed Funky and his neg feedback was clearly retaliatory.

I think Funky met the requirements posted to have a feedback change.

I know a decision has been made I just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

And yes I know this isnt a court of law