R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 12-05-2010, 08:44 PM
ixlr8nz
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
You think by advancing the dynamic timing it would run cooler ? Are you sure about your statement? As from what i know any type of high level timing creates pinging and heat .

Please explain it to me as im confused .
Yep it is 100% true. I would much rather have more timing on the esc which is dynamically controlled and less static timing on the motor. I'm surprised a man in your position cannot understand that....

Its very much like comparing old speedos to newer ones. The old ones had lots of static timing and no dynamic hence all heat issues. The newer escs on the market today have lots of dynamic timing and you don't run much static on the motor.

I just wish Hobbywing would see the light and increase the dynamic timing so that we can fully utilise that idea. I would guess the best setup could have 0 motor timing and be fully controlled by the esc dynamic timing.

I can for sure see why Tekin could be faster and cooler. If you want to improve and move forward you must look down this avenue. At my local track I have won the South Island Champs(in New Zealand) with the current software in 13.5. I am happy so far, but can see that if you don't make improvements to the software every so often, it will go the way of LRP.

regards
Michael Jones