R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors
Old 12-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scribbler
Help!!!

I'm having problems with the diff in my 416WE. I can freely adjust the camber on the left rear side of the car, but the right rear, if I adjust the camber past -.5 degrees the drive shaft binds against the nut on the diff. To add to the inconvience it put too much pressure of the plastic blade, and I constantly have to change it(Blade breaKs or get distorted).

I got the car second hand, and I'm not sure if the previouse owner changed parts to suit his "setup" or what. Is there anything obviouse that I'm missing, and can you give me the part numbers that you use for the Diff spring, Aluminum diff joints, and any other parts neccessary to rebuild the diff to a usable state.

With the way i've got the car setup I need between -1 to -1.5 degrees of camber for it to work properly. In short if I can't fix this, my car is going to continue to be a handful to drive. PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks in advance for your time. Hope to hear from you at your earliest convience.
When I ran the 416 with that setup I just removed some of the material on the diff nut with a round file, as long as you stay on center of the bolt hole and don't take a lot off the nut so the ears are weakened you should be good. If you run any narrower than what you have you'll have to go to the shorter axles.