R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Mike Blackstock
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was not running these pistons until the indoor champs. I will say that this combo works very well with high traction. I was skeptical at first thinking how could one hole make a difference, But then i did it and put the car on the track and the car felt like it stayed flatter and was easier for me to drive, I picked up almost .1 or more per lap with this change alone over losi 57's.

Right now i am very happy with the car, Since i have not been running TC very much let alone rubber tires, to post the same fast laps as keven and paul but with more mistakes on my part lol, Tells you the car is very good. I hope to get better and be able to compete with them very soon.

Mike

Originally Posted by twk-b
Hey Keven,

Finally got my 2 TC6 cars... got one build and running last night with something close to your setup on it. The only real difference currently is I am running Losi #57's instead of your custom piston inserts.

Thanks for the fantastic starting point!

I just got the blank inserts I ordered and I am going to try some of your 1x1x1.5mm deals next week to see the difference..... BUT I was wondering what the logic is behind running the different sized holes in that configuration, rather then making all the holes evenly sized (like half way between @1.25mm), or a configuration with 2 holes of each size....

Wouldnt the difference in flow/pressure cause the piston to bind with its preference to the biggest holes side?

What should I notice in comparison to the Losi57s?

Thanks again for sharing all this great information,
-b