R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mantisworx F1 chassis!! sneek peek
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 09:21 PM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default Final pre production pix!

Well i have settled on a useable shock, i like the kyosho mini-z shock the best but they cost about 15.00 each! So i came across these and the lap times were the same. last night at our local race i was able to run a best time of 11.9 and the best time of the night in 17.5 turbo TC was 11.2, not bad for a track with no speed at all. my tire setup is Ride SS rears and fronts. It still has just a hair too much high speed push but i think this is what a bannana is going to drive like on asphalt This is the material that will be used and i think it looks great and unique. the only parts i am waiting on before i can start shipping out is the ball links and balls as well as the optional stand offs (104pro has four already). what you are seeing on the front is an adjustable caster and camber plate system! that i have also come up with, and let me tell you castor is the 104's friend!Not only that but now when you adjust camber you dont get the funky angles on the arms due to the rear pivot point being stationary. For now the kit will come with a 1* and 2* with 1.5 and 2.5 being optional. unfortunately i wont be able to mix and match them due to the way i have to machine them. I am going to personally pre assemble each and every chassis sold to make sure that the base setup is correct, this is ALOT of work for me but i feel that its the only way to make sure you have excellent results with your chassis kit.
Here are the features for those who havent read the entire thread:
Tri-shock grease damped, threaded coilover side shocks
Composite carbon main chassis(30% stiffer)
Silver graphite upper deck and shock mount
True link rear suspension with center ball pivot (fully adjustable)
Adjustable shock mount on the upper deck to control droop without having to add spacers inside the shock.
I have multiple holes on the upper deck and shock mount to allow for different types of sides shocks in the future.
So here is how this is going to work, I am going to open up pre sales in a few days( www.Mantisworx.com ) Those of you that pre-order will also get a free adjustable front end(35.00 value) AND a pair of stainless front suspension mount bolts!(5.00 value). Once pre-order status ends (somewhere around Jan 1 2011) the kit price will be 155.00 and only include the kit.
now the PRE-PRODUCTION pics: