R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support
Old 12-03-2010, 09:03 AM
VRacing
Tech Adept

Default Shur Lube

Guys - It's all coming back to me. I went through this search last year and found my notes. Then to verify, I emailed Rob Murdock about his product.

Sad News - No published info on the weights for Shur Lube and they won't be putting that out there for someone else to replicate. I can definetly see his interest in protecting his product. It is a solid system and performs very well.

As a racer I guess we have to expect that at some point, not everything will be divulged. After all, it is racing? For those of us that would like to compare our setups to other club members or pro setups that are using a different product, just won't work. If you want to perfectly match Jason's BMI setups, you will need to be using Shur Lube.

CRC did change over there system to offer 5K, 10K, 20K and 30K on their product instead of the "heavy", "extra heavy" etc.

I did ask Rob about the Shur Lube increments of #1 @5000wt and going up 5000wt each step to #6 (as Chad had stated in a previous post). He said this was not really even close to the correct increments.

I guess if you know when to use #3 and when to change over to #4, who really cares what name or number it has? Just can't swap info with others as it doesn't translate.

Later