R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advice required. Want to get back into RC Cars...
Old 12-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Tee
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
WRONG!!!!

?Basics of choosing a motor and ESC/MSC and Brushed vs. Brushless Systems?

There are always a ton of threads about motors and ESCs and they are all usually variants on the same questions. In this article I will go through and explain the basics of choosing a motor and ESC/MSC, and talk about brushed vs. brushless systems.

When choosing a motor it is important to choose one that meets your abilities and budget. The first thing to consider when buying a motor is how fast you realistically want the car to go. I know you all want your cars going 50mph, but there are only a few of us who have enough driving experience to go that fast without hitting straight into a wall. The basics on turns and winds are as follows:

Lower Turn = Higher Top End/Less Torque
Higher Turn = Lower Top End/More Torque

last two lines quoted are WRONG!!!! just saying...

CPT.AMERICA "is correct".

As far as I know, a lower wind motor is more power everywhere. yup. the math proves it.

but:
Because you typically use a smaller pinion with a lower wind motor, it's totally true that this motor produces less torque to put down the same wheel torque as your weak motor with the bigger pinion.