R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Crashby
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Mag
That diff that got everyone confused is from TRC. Don't know if they actually produced them themselves, but thats from where I got mine. That was before they joined Trinity. If one look more closely at their 12scales they sold at that time, they look VERY much like the Delta ones. Difference being that the plastic was black instead of "Delta red". 10 year old stuff. Doubt one could find spares. Perhaps the diff was originally made by Delta? Anyone know?
It looks pretty much like a typical ball diff until you get to that screw at the end of the axle. That is were it gets confusing. I have been racing pan cars for a long, long time and honestly, I cannot remember ever seeing an axle with a screw on the end of the axle instead of a setscrew with a lock nut. But then again, I can hardly remember what happened yesterday!

It really depends on what 24601 wants to do with that car. If he wants to seriously race the car, I would suggest he upgrade to a newer, better diff/axle assembly. IRS makes some very good axle/diff products both using D rings and rubber “O” rings to lock the diff rings. I have used their products with great success. I now use Niftech which I think is the best but very, VERY expensive, unfortunately.