R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - KERSHAW DESIGNS BRUSHLESS MOTORS
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 05:49 AM
pdelcast
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lowroad
I'm of the opinion that there are only so many manufacturers of these things. I'm guessing 3-4 TOPS. Probably less. Everything is made amongst this limited number of factories, then anodized to whatever color the client (castle, novak, whomever) chooses. I find it highly unlikely that castle OWNS a factory in China. What sense would that make?

There isn't a separate manufacturer for each company. There just isn't. It wouldn't be cost effective to produce this way, and the chinese are rather cost effective in terms of production. So it's ezrun on the night shift and xx high dollar motor seller on the day shift. They'll make a giant run of green, then switch the equipment over and make blue or orange. Same with shoes, jeans, everything else. It's how it is these days.

Sorry -- Castle Holdings (our factory in China) is a WOFE (wholly owned foreign enterprise) owned by Castle Holdings LLC (Kansas Limited Liability company.)

We own the company. We own the machines. We pay the employees in China. We make our own designs, which are designed in Kansas, or designed by Steve Neu in California.

The reason we decided to do this is that we have tight control over quality -- something we can't do if we outsource.